WHO WE ARE
Ouroots Africa is a social enterprise founded in May 2019. Our goal is to provide sustainable alternatives
to single use plastic while supporting rural women communities. We are in a constant process to innovate and
find more sustainable alternatives to benefit individuals, the community and the environment.
Our philosophy is: just like we grow food, we can grow our products for daily use, just like our ancestors did before plastic was invented.
OUR SOCIAL MISSION
Our raw materials are grown by rural women farmers whose expertise is very important to us.
The high-quality materials provided are essential for obtaining excellent end products.
Every Luseke Straw and Loofa is carefully handcrafted by rural women. We value our partnership, pay them a fair wage and provide good working conditions. Thanks to Ouroots Africa, they can now contribute to their family income.
Until now, our natural drinking straws have replaced more than 500.000 plastic straws!
Thanks to the fair payment for workers and farmers, we have significantly improved the lives of rural
families while at the same time impacting our environment positively.
Join the movement because it is only together that we can make the world a better place – straw by straw.
OUR REVENUE MODEL
* Reusable drinking straws (3 pieces plus cleaning brush) sold for 6,000 UGX / 1.5 Euros.
* Reusable drinking straws (25 pieces plus cleaning brush) sold for 25,000 UGX / 6.5 Euros.
* Disposable drinking straws (3 pieces) sold for 3,600 UGX / 1 Euro.
* Disposable drinking straws (25 pieces) sold for 12,500 UGX / 3.25 Euros.
* Stirrers for Cocktails/Coffee/Tea (50 pieces) sold for 12,500 UGX / 3.25 Euros.
* Loofers sold for 20,000 UGX / 4.87 Euros.
* Social media marketing.
* Customer referral.
* Direct sales.
* Online shops.
* Restaurants and 4 & 5 star Cafes
* Eco lodges
* Events & Bars
* Set up higher quality production facility.
* Obtain sales point in Zanzibar, Mombasa, Nairobi & Kigali.
* Obtain sales points in Germany, USA & UK.
* Sell over 1,000,000 straws monthly.
* Set up a cost effective transportation & exportation process.
Our Awesome Team .
Nakawuki Stella Lukwago
Lead Link –Product quality & fair trade.|
A Social Business Consultant.
Lead Link -International brand identity & marketing. |
Studies communication in London’s Central Saint Martins.
Lead Link –Public relations &communication. |
A social Business Scholar at Social Innovation Academy
Lead Link – Production & packaging. |
A scholar at Social Innovation Academy